Welcome to my blog for IP&T. I hope we learn a lot about using computer and internet technology!

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Reflection

I had the problem of coordinating a whole school's class webpage, including full administrator privileges for the right people (administrators) and good security. I found the solution in the capabilities of moodle beyond what I thought it could do, including six different levels of access (administrator, class-creator, teacher, non-editing teacher, student and guest) for better control and security for grades, student contact information, etc. Moodle, with built-in security and access levels, is much easier and faster to use to coordinate many teachers teaching one class (Physics One, for example) or giving limited access to an aide (non-editing teacher) or just having college students learn what a class website entails (guest). It was eye-opening also on how complex the world of a school can be, with coordinating schedules of the students and the teachers to make sure everything works well.

PS My PPT is taking a long time to upload but should embed within a few minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Slideshare, which I used to embed the powerpoint, is also an excellent resource!

    ReplyDelete